The Chapel Hill Town Council is set to hear several concept plans on Monday, the 18th. If you’d like an interesting discussion on stormwater management issues, then tune into the Aquabella Concept Plan discussion. If affordable housing and Habitat homes are of interest, we are hearing a concept plan on a Purefoy Rd. subdivision, in the most westernmost area of Chapel Hill. If you are a student or are interested in downtown redevelopment, then the Ram developers (same as for our downtown Franklin St. mixed use projects) have a concept plan before us with a dramatic change to the existing apartments between MLK and Hillsborough. The DTH called me on Friday wanting to know more about the Ram project, and wondered what would happen to affordable rentals for students here if these condos were approved. Even though the council will not definitively decide anything on Monday, there will be many interesting discussions. Tune in or comment here.
- Community Policing or Ferguson Show of Force
- We are not done with Towing Ordinance
- Are the “Courtyards of Homestead” Really for Seniors?
- 2011 MUNICIPAL ELECTION SEASON!
- WATER QUALITY AND TREE REMOVAL
- MUSEUM ANNOUNCES CLOSURE AND UPDATE
- “No Evidence of Disease” Performs February 27
- THANK YOU TO CITIZENS OF CHAPEL HILL
- THE ANDERSON-THORPE BREAKFAST CLUB ENDORSEMENT
- INDY ENDORSEMENT